Saturday, Jan. 28 ars narrandi, ars vivendi reading marathon: plan an event in your city
THE YOUTH OF THE ECONOMY OF FRANCESCO SIDE BY SIDE WITH IRANIAN AND AFGHAN WOMEN
Next January 28, EoF’s youth and young women are launching a new reading marathon in support of Iranian and Afghan women. After the live streaming marathon, which last Dec. 7, 2022 saw 28 young people connected from around the world in a relay reading of the oriental tales One Thousand and One Nights, EoF is organizing a new event to continue expressing solidarity with the youth and young women in Iran and Afghanistan who are protesting against the violence, crimes, and abuses that are affecting women in particular.
We invite you to:
– choose a place in your city that is open to the public (a square, a theater, a university, a school, …)
– involve citizens, associations, schools and especially other young people
– write as soon as possible to email@example.com indicating city, address and time of your initiative: you will receive a statement to start the marathon and the draft poster you can use to spread your initiative. EoF will share it on official social channels.
– contact local media to report on the event
How does the marathon take place? Suggestions:
– opening the marathon by reading a shared statement (will be sent to you)
– depending on the length of your initiative, a number of male and female readers take turns reading one or more stories from One Thousand and One Nights (in your language).
– record a 1-minute video and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on social media.